[All] UKFN bulletin, w/e 7/9/18

UK Fluids Network info at fluids.ac.uk
Fri Sep 7 16:11:14 BST 2018

UKFN WEEKLY ROUND-UP 7/9/18

If you would like to circulate a brief message to the UKFN mailing list
ahead of the monthly newsletter, you can send it to info at fluids.ac.uk by
Friday noon and it will be circulated in the weekly round-up later that
day. All messages that are still time-relevant will be repeated in the
monthly newsletter.

A. UKFN MESSAGES

FROM: Nick Daish, 7/9/18
SUBJECT: Short Research Visits

A reminder that the next deadline for applications for SRVs is the end
of this month, Sunday 30th September. Please see
https://fluids.ac.uk/srv for the link to instructions on how to apply.

FROM: Nick Daish, 7/9/18
SUBJECT: Fake emails!

Some people on the mailing list have received an email purporting to be
from me. The subject was '[QMQ] INVOICE- Ref: 87816456 A' and although
it has my name as sender, the associated email address is a South
African one (...co.za). And let's not ignore the misspelt closing
'Respectifully'!

Naturally, delete any messages fitting this description, and please let
me know if you receive any other suspicious emails that claim to be from
me.

B. MEMBER MESSAGES

JOBS:

FROM: Anne Juel, University of Manchester, 2/9/18
SUBJECT: Associate Professor in Mechanics, University of Oslo

Details: https://tinyurl.com/assoc-prof-oslo-mech
Closing date: 20 September 2018

FROM: David Hann, University of Nottingham, 4/9/18
SUBJECT: Research Fellow in experimental multiphase fluids, University
of Nottingham

Details: https://tinyurl.com/nott-pdra-g2trc
Closing date: 25 September 2018

FROM: Jason Reese, University of Edinburgh, 5/9/18
SUBJECT: Two PDRAs in Institute for Multiscale Thermofluids, School of
Engineering, Edinburgh

(1) PDRA in Discrete Particle Fluid Dynamics (Particle-laden flows)
Details: https://tinyurl.com/edin-pdra-discrete-ptcle
Closing date: 1 October 2018

(2) PDRA in Kinetic Modelling of Liquid-Vapour Flows
Details: https://tinyurl.com/edin-pdra-kinetic-model
Closing date: 16 October 2018